A glance at the day 1 matches
The first day of the WTA Croatia Bol Open 2021 was marked by the energetic play of sixteen top tennis players whose matches were worth watching!
After an excellent first set and an advantage in the first part of the second set, Ana Konjuh still lost in a duel with Russian Lyudmila Samsonova.
"Ana is a great player! I wanted to make her run as much as possible, which I didn't succeed at the beginning. My perseverance and combativeness ruled. I didn't give up, although at the beginning I didn't really felt my blow", said Samsonova.
Ana Konjuh is satisfied with her game, but believes that luck was on Samsonova's side, who successfully developed the game and was better in key moments. In the main draw 2021 we will watch three domestic players Jana Fett, Tereza Mrdeža and Tena Lukas.
The American Asia Muhammad, who play this tournament for the first time, also had a great start today. She won the first set, but the Hungarian Dalma Galfi won the other two sets with 6:1, 6:2.
Due to the rain that surprised the tennis players, today we did not manage to watch all the matches scheduled for the first day of the tournament, so we will have the opportunity to watch on June 8th.
- A. Cadantu (Rum) - L. Arruabarrena (Špa)6:0, 7:5
- D. Galfi (Mađ) - A. Muhammad (SAD) 3:6, 6:1, 6:2
- E. Gorgodze (Gru) - A. Samardžić (Švi) 6:0, 6:0
- L. Sun (Švi) - W. Osuigwe (SAD) 3:6, 6:2, 6:4
- Lj. Samsonova (Rus) - A. Konjuh (Hrv) 1:6, 7:6 (3), 6:4
- B. Haas (Aut) - A. Dulgheru (Rum) 6:4, 6:4
- J. Paolini (Ita) - V. Kuzmova (Svk) 6:4, 6:1
- G. Minnen (Bel) - A. Schmiedlova (Svk) 6:1, 63:7, 4:6
- A. Blinkova (Rus) - P. Hon (Aus)